[WBEL-users] Keyboard repeat problems with HP

Will Senn will_senn at sbcglobal.net
Thu Aug 10 09:51:20 CDT 2006

Jerry Amundson wrote:
> On Thu August 10 2006 00:41, Jesse Rosenzweig wrote:
>
>> Hmmm.  Fairly hostile response, but I see your point... So, more
>> specifically,
>>

> Really? Here's more - please don't top-post!
>

>> I have tried different keyboards and
>> different keyboard connections (USB and PS/2), but always the same
>> problem.  Adjusting the delay and repeat speed doesn't seem to change
>> the erronious behavior. Because this same thing happens with VNC, I
>> don't believe it could be a driver problem, but I'm not familiar with
>> the inner workings of the keyboard driver and interface into the OS.
>> Does that help?  Any ideas?
>>

> Bad connector on the motherboard or case?
>
> jerry

Another flame about posting... top, bottom, inline - madre. So, you
enjoy scrolling through messages to read the latest on a given thread?
Yippee, have a cup of coffee, get some dr. scholls and gel - just don't
go kicking me off the list :)

Jesse - Sounds like a hardware problem.
A couple of things to try would be:
0. Try another keyboard.
1. Clean the keyboard - blow out the debris.
2. Boot into another OS and see if it happens there.
3. Do like the Fonz, smack it good.

If none of that works, go figure.

Will