[WBEL-users] steps to help recover data from a crashed system?(boot drive cr

Graham Waring liverbird89 at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 14 05:32:25 CST 2006

G'day everyone,
Some great tips getting passed back and forth here Dale so good luck.
Booting to knoppix and copying data over the network has saved my behind so
many times.  In the past I have tar'd up and scp'd but you may like to try
rsync if it comes with the knoppix you have.  You can pass it over ssh  and
preserve permissions/ownership...and heaps more.  Carefull with the syntax
though as it is quite powerfull.  Use it once and you will be looking for
opertunities to use rsync each day...its pretty cool.  As you would expect
as it was written by the man that gave us samba.
Hope it helps mate
Graham