[WBEL-users] WBEL 4 does not recognize SATA drives on PowerEdge SC430

Jeff O'Brien jobrien at ntisys.com
Thu Jan 5 13:27:26 CST 2006

jruiz at sweethomerel.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I tried to install WBEL4 x86_64 on a Dell PE SC430 and the installer
> failed to recognize the SATA HDD (it uses Intel ICH7R). If anyone has
> an idea on how to resolve this issue I would appreciate it. Thanks in
> advance.
>
> Jose

Im not to certain for x86_64, but for my i386 install on an SC430 I
downloaded the SATA drivers from dell support site and then created the
driver disk.   (dd if=/path/to/ata_piix....img of=/dev/fd0)
File name:  ata_piix-1.02b-rhel4-multiarch-1.tar.gz

Once I had the driver disk created.  During the install when it prompts
you that it cant find the hard drive you have to hit <f2> and select
load device drivers from fd0(with driver disk in) and that should bring
up the drivers list, scroll down to ata_piix hit enter and it should
start the install.

---

Jeff O'Brien
Network Technician/ Manufacturing