[WBEL-users] WB4 Stalls on Install

Ronald Brink rbrink at ix.netcom.com
Sun Jan 8 12:31:12 CST 2006

I have downloaded and ordered CDs of whitebox ES4. I have a dell 8400,3 GHZ
CPU,4GB ram, 4SATA drives. I can boot to the install CD, partition and
select products to install. When it finishes the formatting of the
partitions, it installs the first product and does nothing after that
(stalls). The product installing is:

"Installing hwdata-0.146.1.EL-1.noarch(892KB) Hardware Indentification and
Configuration Data".

No progress bar or anything after this. I even let it sit at that point over
night and came back the next day with the same screen. Any suggeston/help
would be greatly appreciated.