[WBEL-users] WB4 Stalls on Install

Jeff O'Brien jobrien at ntisys.com
Mon Jan 9 13:14:26 CST 2006

Ronald Brink wrote:

> I have downloaded and ordered CDs of whitebox ES4. I have a dell
> 8400,3 GHZ CPU,4GB ram, 4SATA drives. I can boot to the install CD,
> partition and select products to install. When it finishes the
> formatting of the partitions, it installs the first product and does
> nothing after that (stalls). The product installing is:
>
> "Installing hwdata-0.146.1.EL-1.noarch(892KB) Hardware Indentification
> and Configuration Data".
>
> No progress bar or anything after this. I even let it sit at that
> point over night and came back the next day with the same screen. Any
> suggeston/help would be greatly appreciated.

You might want do a <ctrl><alt><f5> ( I think will bring you to a log
screen during the install, if there is a failure either reading the
cdrom or anything like that it should post up to there).  If its not f5
try 2-6, f7 will bring you back to the graphical screen.

--
Jeff O'Brien
Network Technician/ Manufacturing
jobrien at ntilinux.com