[WBEL-users] File system from 3.x to 4.x is different?

Alon js at wsco.com
Sat Jan 14 17:57:03 CST 2006

Hi Y'all,

I'm experiencing something weired.

In version 3.0 Respin 2 I have no problem creating partition Images usign Ghost 8.0  or DriveImage2002.
However, I've now installed version 4.0 and the File system is not recognized.
How weired is that?

The primary difference is noted with Partition Magic:

When viewing a partition, I see the Size and Used Space.

In version 3, I created a partition of 70GB and used only 3GB.
In version 4, I created a partition of 70GB and used,.. well it is showing that I'm using all 70GB!!!

When I use Ghost, I get the following error:

Read sector failure, result = 1, drive =0 sectors -456237413 to -456237411

Any pointers as to why this happening only with version 4.0 and not with 3.0?

thanks,

-Alon.