[WBEL-users] Re: File system from 3.x to 4.x is different?

Sun Jan 15 05:10:29 CST 2006

On Sun, 2006-01-15 at 12:20 +0200, Alon wrote:
> M$ is of course the mother of all evil :)) no doubt.
> I am trying to convert, please don't hate :)).
>
> A bit more specifically:
>
> I am trying to set up a remote access to servers via KVM-over-IP and have
> clean install of OS on demand.
>
> For that, I have a USB-DiskOnKey with a bootable partition.
> What I'm looking to do is:
>
> Boot from the DiskOnKey (mind you that I have only 30MB of space on it).
> Be able to do an install from network over IP.
> I have a repository server that holds files on it.
> I need to boot from the USB-DiskOnKey,. run the installation process of the
> WBEL 4.0 via Network.
> Any suggestions for a "converter-in-progress"?
>
> If you have a bootable image that I can load onto the USB-DiskOnKey that
> will provide me with an
> install process and FTP or whatever is needed for the network installation,
> it would be great.

There is a bootable key image here:

http://whiteboxlinux.org/pub/4/en/os/i386/images/

(the file is diskboot.img)

You can read about how it install from it in the upstream provider's
documentation:

http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/RHEL-4-Manual/x8664-multi-install-guide/s1-steps-install-cdrom.html

--
Johnny Hughes