[WBEL-users] Guess who doesn't understand shared libraries...

Vic whitebox at beer.org.uk
Sun Jan 15 11:49:00 CST 2006

Hi All.

I've just upgraded a rather borked RH9 installation to WBEL4. For the most
part, it went better than I'd expected (the UI hasn't even changed - but
things suddenly work again!).

I've got one big problem though - I can't start sshd. If I try, I get the
error:

Starting sshd:/usr/sbin/sshd: error while loading shared libraries:
libcom_err.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

And, sure enough, that file doesn't exist. I've got a libcom_err.so.2, but
it doesn't seem interested in that...

Now here's where my knowledge runs out - I don't understand why it's
looking for that library, or where I should go about looking for it.

Can anyone point me at a suitable text? At this stage, I don't even know
which FM to RT...

Thanks!

Vic.