[WBEL-users] Guess who doesn't understand shared libraries...

Vic whitebox at beer.org.uk
Sun Jan 15 15:58:36 CST 2006

>> (the UI hasn't even changed)
>
> That's odd, because the version of GNOME changed.

Indeed. I thought it a bit strange - but I did specifically ask for an
upgrade, so maybe it was deliberate. It did give me a clean desktop, with
a link to my old one so I could copy stuff across.

>> Starting sshd:/usr/sbin/sshd: error while loading shared libraries:
libcom_err.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory

> You have the wrong version of sshd installed.  Use rpm to see what
version it has:

> rpm -q openssh-server

Aha!

That was it - I've got some mindless crud from my borked installation.

A re-install of openssh-server fixes it. That's embarrassing - I thought
I'd checked that :-(

Thanks!

Vic.