[WBEL-users] Re: File system from 3.x to 4.x is different?

Jerry Amundson jerry at pbs.com
Tue Jan 17 20:48:23 CST 2006

On Tue January 17 2006 19:43, Alon wrote:
> Hi Scott,
>
> Could you walk me through the processof how to do this?

The fine manuals might give you a start, rather than have Scott
re-invent the wheel for you...

http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/RHEL-4-Manual/x8664-multi-install-guide/

Especially note Alternative Boot Methods and
Using ISO Images for NFS Installs.

> Sorry for the newbie question, but the intention is indeed to have
> multiple distributions on a repository server
> and have a, Remove existing OS and Install from fresh or image, on
> demand.

Yep, this concept has been used on, I'm guessing, about a billion
servers... :-)

> Yes,. I have a machine which will be dedicated for the ISO files of
> the various distributions. It is on a public IP
> address so how do I set up the NFS sharing? will this also work with
> TCP/IP? Can I enter the network setup?

My guess is it only works with TCP/IP, though there may be some demented
way of using IPX if that's your wish ;-)
The network setup can be done with the kickstart part of it...

http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/RHEL-4-Manual/sysadmin-guide/

jerry