[WBEL-users] Samba and WBEL4

Francies Moore liz at indract.freeserve.co.uk
Mon Jan 23 17:16:42 CST 2006

Hi all

We have recently set up a WBEL 4.0 box running Samba for about 35 users
on Win2K.  There are problems appearing with our network - the time on
the various machines is drifting apart and hopefully my technical
support man is going to deal with this using NTP.  Also there are issues
with the speed of the network switches ...

However, over the last couple of days repeated errors are appearing in
dmesg and /var/log/messages;

server kernel: lease broken - owner pid = 1234  /* various numbers here */

I have changed smb.conf to remove kernel oplocks, and await results to
see if this stops it.

Has anyone else had this message appear, is it dangerous, and is it
possibly connected with the timing problem?

Also has anyone any suggestions for a (free!) NTP client for Windows 2K?

Thanks

Francies