[WBEL-users] Building custom kernel, how do I change the EXTRAVERSION

Edwards, Scott (GE Healthcare) J.Scott.Edwards at ge.com
Wed Jan 25 16:28:08 CST 2006

Hello,

I downloaded the latest kernel source rpm from RedHat and I built a custom kernel to use with WhiteBox.  However, it sets the EXTRAVERSION to my username, which is not what I want.  I need to put specific text in to identify it as one of our custom kernels.  Can anybody tell me where this is done when doing a rpmbuild?  I have looked through all the RedHat patches and I can't find anything in there.  I have Googled around and I can't find where it is done.  Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks
  -Scott