[WBEL-users] Samba and WBEL4

Francies Moore liz at indract.freeserve.co.uk
Thu Jan 26 17:16:32 CST 2006

Hello again everyone

Thanks to those who replied to my Samba problem.

I answered my own question in that removing kernel oplocks has made the
errors go away.

Thanks Craig and khaqq for the info on Win2K and NTP.  We are hoping to
look into this tomorrow....

I would add that this fileserver has been running WBEL 4.0 since October
and I have not noticed any of the reported problems yet - it is running
on AMD hardware as is my home server which has run WBEL 4.0 for a while
and is normally accessed using VNC.  They both run X - one is KDE and
the other Gnome.  Usually they are left logged out or locked with the
monitor turned off.  Don't know if this has anything to do with the
problems people have reported?

Regards,

Francies