[WBEL-users] New to Whitebox. Kernel Upgrade?

Terry Henderson trryhend at gmail.com
Thu Jul 13 11:24:21 CDT 2006

On 7/13/06, Terry Henderson <trryhend at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 7/13/06, Karanbir Singh <mail-lists at karan.org> wrote:
> > Hermann Thomas wrote:
> > > Hi All,
> > > I am new to whitebox because there is some software which will run
> > > better with rat hat rather than with suse which I am use to. The problem
> > > is the kernel. Is there any possibility to get the kernel 2.6.9-22 .
> > > With whitebox 4 came the 2.6.9-5. How can I upgrade to Kernel 2.6.9-22?
> > >

> > the latest stable kernel is 2.6.9-34.0.2.EL
> >
> > - K
>
> That being said, I suppose if you just do
> # yum update
> You'll end up with kernel-2.6.9-34
> Right?

Default install is:
kernel-2.6.9-5
and up2date or yum will bring you to:
kernel-2.6.9-34

So, I was wrong.
If you really need kernel version 2.6.9-22, you will need to download
and install it manually.  (Which should be no real problem though.)
But, anyway, sorry for my misinformation, (and thank you Karanbir for
correcting me).