[WBEL-users] No chkconfig or ifconfig commands?

Doug Laidlaw laidlaws at hotkey.net.au
Sun Jul 16 03:17:18 CDT 2006

Perhaps it is incorrect (I am using Mandriva) but I find that "su" makes me
root in the directory I am in, while "su -" changes the directory to /root as
well.  The last is not usually what I want.

Doug.

On Sun, 2 Jul 2006 04:11 am, khaqq wrote:
> On Sat, 01 Jul 2006 05:26:53 -0500
> Johnny Hughes <mailing-lists at hughesjr.com> wrote:
>
> (...)
>
> > so to become "root" with all variables set ....
> >
> > su -
>
> So the quick and dirty way to use "su -" each time you become root
> is to add the following line in your user's .bashrc :
>
> alias su="su -"
>
> I'm not sure if there are unintended side effets, but it works for me.
>
> khaqq

The American Constitution guarantees the pursuit of happiness; it does not
guarantee happiness.
   - Unknown.