[WBEL-users] Lotus Notes on Linux

Francies Moore liz at indract.freeserve.co.uk
Mon Jul 17 17:38:06 CDT 2006

Hello everyone

I have received this notification from IBM:

Lotus Notes for Linux is a new platform option for Lotus Notes software.
Beginning 24 July 2006, Lotus Notes licensees will be eligible to
acquire a software package allowing them to run Lotus Notes 7.0.1 on
select Linux client operating systems.
The initially supported platform is Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4, Update
3. IBM currently plans to add support for SUSE Linux for Enterprise
Desktops at a later time.

Obviously as a Lotus Domino Admin I want to give this a go in my
environment - would love to ditch the Windows Desktop (I wish)!

Currently we are running our two Domino servers on vanilla WBEL4.0 (we
have not applied any updates yet).

Please can you tell me if WBEL4.0 Respin 1 would be equivalent to RHEL4
Update 3?

TIA

Francies