[WBEL-users] No chkconfig or ifconfig commands?

Robert Heller heller at deepsoft.com
Fri Jun 30 21:05:27 CDT 2006

At Fri, 30 Jun 2006 17:59:36 -0500 "Jeffery Mathis" <jamathis79 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am trying to configure a DNS server using WBEL, but when I run the
> chkconfig or ifconfig commands, I get "command not found".  I'm new to WBEL,
> but I do have prior experience with Red Hat and CentOS.  What is going on
> here?  Does WBEL use different commands or something?

They should be there, unless there is something wrong with your path.
They should both be in /sbin:

gollum.deepsoft.com% cat /etc/*release*
LSB_VERSION="1.3"
White Box Enterprise Linux release 3.0 (Liberation Respin 3)
White Box Enterprise Linux release 3.0 (Liberation Respin 3)
gollum.deepsoft.com% dir /sbin/chkconfig
/sbin/chkconfig*
gollum.deepsoft.com% dir /sbin/ifconfig
/sbin/ifconfig*
gollum.deepsoft.com% rpm -qf /sbin/chkconfig /sbin/ifconfig
chkconfig-1.3.13.3-0.3
net-tools-1.60-20E.9

Robert Heller             -- 978-544-6933
Deepwoods Software        -- Linux Installation and Administration
http://www.deepsoft.com/  -- Web Hosting, with CGI and Database
heller at deepsoft.com       -- Contract Programming: C/C++, Tcl/Tk