[WBEL-users] Whitebox Mirror no longer there

Kyle kl at attitia.com
Mon Mar 27 17:23:18 CST 2006

Hi John,

Firstly, thank you for your efforts on WBEL. I am somewhat of a novice
user, but with the help of a friend somewhat more experienced, I manage
to run a WBEL  (Respin 1) web/mail/backup/DNS server at home.

Anyways, I just thought you might like to know that wicks.co.nz no
longer appears to host WBEL as a mirror. They do still seem to have
Fedora, Ubuntu, Aurora, Centos, etc.

They just seem to have removed WBEL as a download.

Finally, if anyone has the time to respond please, I would be grateful
if someone could explain the update notes from 21 & 22/3.

"... A large batch of WBEL4 updates are just about to roll off the build
chain. Except for the trademark heavy packages like anaconda this batch
will have things current through RH's U3 release. WBEL3 is current as of
just before U7 dropped last week. Catching up with that will be the next
order of business. Then work will move to respinning WBEL4 and then 3..."

U7, U3 etc. is presumably "Update7" etc. What is unclear is John's
intentions relating to the text beginning; "... Catching up with that

Basically, I'm looking to understand whether I should go with WBEL 4 or
WBEL 3 as the most stable/uptodate version to install a new box.

(Now, if I could just figure out how to make the printer work as well on
that box...  :-)