[WBEL-users] Upgrading to 2.6.9-42.0.3

Fernando Apesteguía fernando.apesteguia at gmail.com
Sun Nov 12 15:58:32 CST 2006

Hi all,

Today I tried to upgrade to 2.6.9-42.0.3 from the sources provided by Red Hat.

I did it in the same way (if I'm not wrong...) as I did to update to 2.6.9.-34:

- Install the kernel-xxxx.src.rpm
- rpmbuild -bp --target=x86_64 kernel-2.6.spec
- link the directory created to /usr/src/linux
- make config
- load the default config file for x86_64
- save
- make bzImage, modules, modules install,
- copy bzImage, make initrd, create entry in grub.conf

It appears to run well, but if I try iwconfig on my eth1, I get:

eth1: No such device...

With the old kernel everything is fine (now I'm running again the old one...).

Any clues?

Thanks in advance.