[WBEL-users] Upgrade Path

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Wed Nov 29 08:21:13 CST 2006

William Warren wrote:
> yes..Centos is one RHEL rebrand.  WBEL is another.  While i switched
> from WBEL to Centos seeing you as a Centos maintainer telling folks to
> switch because WBEL is dead or whatnot frankly makes me embarrassed for
> Centos.  Let them do as they will.  If they choose to come over to
> Centos that's great. If not then let them be.  Trying to take users from
> a distro they have decided they wish to use just isn't right.  The
> thinly vieled attempt to have the users come over by saying"it's the
> same distro" doesn't hold water.  ubuntu is based on debian but i have
> yet to find anyone that says ubuntu IS debain.  Ubuntu is it's own
> distro regardless of it's roots.  The same goes for WBEL and CentOS.

William, I agree with what you are saying - it is a Free World, and
people can and should do as they please, however - if there are
somethings that we could do better at CentOS or if we might be able to
make the transition easier for people - I'd like to know how. And then
if possible, maybe address those issues.

And like I just said in another email - CentOS is not the only other
option, there are others like SciLinux ( and RHEL! )

Finally, apart from the images - what else do you classify as being
'different' between CentOS and WBEL ?

- KB