[WBEL-users] Plans for RHEL 5

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Thu Nov 30 11:07:07 CST 2006

Purcocks, Graham spake the following on 11/30/2006 1:56 AM:
> That's not what Jamey of Beau said, he said John had downloaded it. However, it does concern me that John doesn't say anything on this list, to stop all this supposition and guessing. Just a simple 'I'm very busy' would at least mean we know he's still there.
>
> Graham
John has stated many times that he never intended Whitebox to be a public
distribution. He only created it to save his employer money. As quoted from
the front page;

"Why was White Box Linux created?

White Box Linux's initial creation has been sponsored by the Beauregard Parish
Public Library in DeRidder, LA USA out of self interest. We have several
servers and over fifty workstations running Red Hat Linux and were left high
and dry by their recent shift in business plan. Our choices were a difficult
migration to another distribution or paying RedHat an annual fee greater than
the amortized value of our hardware. So we chose a third path, made possible
by the power of Open Source.... White Box Linux. "

So no one should expect more than was offered.

--

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and