[WBEL-users] Up2date and WB3.0 Mirrors.

Jeff Fisher jeff at lfchosting.com
Wed Oct 11 12:03:55 CDT 2006

> Im sure a few of us still have some whitebox production machines (I know
> I do), but as far as making a transistion does anyone see problems with
> migrating say whitebox 3.0/4.0 to centOS 3.X/4.X(latest or most recent
> stable)?
>
> I dont like the idea of leaving production mail or web servers out there
> all alone on the internet with no updates or not having anyone ( If I
> left my position ) being able to maintain them or help lists unavailable.
>
> I have recently joined the CentOS site and I'll probably start to
> transition all my WhiteBox machines and current builds to CentOS.

rpm --import RPM-GPG-KEY-CentOS-4
rpm -Uvh --nodeps centos-release-4-1.2.i386.rpm
rpm -ivh centos-yumconf-4-4.2.noarch.rpm yum-2.2.1-1.centos4.noarch.rpm

yum list updates
yum update

rpm -e NetworkManager comps specspo perl-Convert-ASN1 perl-LDAP apt
NetworkManager-gnome

yum install rpmdb-CentOS redhat-logos redhat-rpm-config comps
redhat-menus NetworkManager specsp perl-LDAP perl-Convert-ASN1
NetworkManager-gnome

Those are the steps I used -- this was for CentOS 4.1 I think, so some
changes will be needed to go to 4.4.

Jeff