[WBEL-users] Updates etc

Francies Moore liz at indract.freeserve.co.uk
Sun Oct 15 17:09:39 CDT 2006

Dear All

Firstly: thanks for replies to me personally.

Karanbir: I just checked OVAL:
Win Server 2003 : 500
RHEL 4.0 : 12
No contest.

(Also Win 98 : 60 XP : 663 - wow!)

Guess we can deal with any needed updates ourselves and when I next meet
with my Management I still have a good case for Linux.  I suspect they
will want to go with a commercial release, until that time I will keep
WBEL 4.0 as it is not reachable from the internet due to being well
locked down and I do not have to fear my users (well not on Linux anyway!).

As Scott says, I would have expected John or Vickie to have come in by
now - this is a matter of concern and I hope all is well and that they
are just very busy.

Have to thank John for making it possible for me to create and run Linux
servers and start my escape from the terrors of Windows.  Brilliant work
and I have now proved that all the earlier problems I had were due to
hardware.

Wherever our way forward finally leads I will be grateful to him.

Best wishes

Francies