[WBEL-users] Updates - who wants some?

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Wed Oct 18 20:02:18 CDT 2006

On Wed, 2006-10-18 at 15:35 -0700, Scott Silva wrote:
> Vic spake the following on 10/18/2006 2:34 AM:
> > Hi All.
> >
> > I think it's becoming clear that other stuff has JM's attention at the
> > moment - although updates are trickling out onto the mirrors, it's a small
> > fraction of what's available from RH.
> >
> > Now the easy route would be to say goodbye to WBEL & join up with the
> > CentOS crowd. There are a couple of reasons I don't really want to do that
> > - not least that I've spent quite a bit of time spreading the WBEL name
> > about, and I don't really want that to go to waste. I want to get WBEL
> > back on track.
> >
> > I mailed John last week, asking whether he'd like to pass on WBEL - no
> > reply yet; I guess he's too busy for that even :-) But no matter.
> There was also a Vicki Reeves <vickir at beau.org> that was on the list back
> around Katrina time. Maybe she can add some light to this (at least if John is
> still with the library, or ill, or busy or ???)
----
John posted last night on nahant-list so I know he's alive

https://www.redhat.com/archives/nahant-list/2006-October/msg00181.html

I think it unspoken that John would probably prefer that users not rely
upon him/beau.org and I can't say that I blame him.

Clearly the option available to users is to use CentOS or maintain your
own boxes yourself (download the SRPM's and build away).

Certainly John has helped make all of this possible and we owe him a
thank you for all his efforts but I can see why he might not want to
suffer the burdens of every ones expectations.

Craig