[WBEL-users] Updates - who wants some?

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Thu Oct 19 17:29:26 CDT 2006

Karanbir Singh spake the following on 10/19/2006 2:16 PM:
> Vic wrote:
>>> What is the advantage of using your RPMs (and bandwidth) over using the
>>> CentOS rpms (which already has a mirror network)?
>>
>> Last time I looked (and this was a little while ago - I suppose I should
>> have re-checked), CentOS weren't quite so picky about staying as close to
>> the RHEL sources as John has been...
>
> Vic,
>
> thats a load of Bollocks. :)
>
> - KB

I see no point in arguing. Karanbir, you and Johnny used to be very heavily in
this project if I remember right, probably since mid 2004, and you left
because of John's unwillingness to share the load. You both probably still
watch the list because you truly want to help people, as I do. But if they
want to stay with Whitebox, and try to pry control from John, just let them. I
will see you both on the CentOS lists, as I think its model will prevail. I
think Whitebox is moving very quickly to a dead distro, and not seeing any
comment from John is just reinforcing that idea. I see how much work the
entire CentOS team has keeping a current patched distro going, and I just
don't think John will be able to keep up with it by himself. Maybe he will let
old hard feelings go and merge with CentOS like Tao did. He could add a
packagegroup for the upgrades to CentOS, and then close the distro.

I just wish he would jump in here and just state if he intends to keep going,
or if he is overwhelmed, or just doesn't want to continue. The announce list
is just soo quiet.

--

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and