[WBEL-users] Adding Gui on command-line install

Fri Oct 27 10:31:06 CDT 2006

On Wed, 2006-10-25 at 16:27 -0700, Scott Silva wrote:
> david spake the following on 10/25/2006 2:55 PM:
> > Dear Friends
> >
> > I originally set up my server to run command-line only.  None of the
> > graphical interface packages were installed.
> >
> > I now want to add the capability of running a graphical interface
> > sometimes.  That is, the system boots in command line mode (runlevel 3 I
> > think), and the ALT-function keys bring up command line windows.
> > However, if I issue the "startx" command (I think), I want to switch to
> > graphical.  I want to make a similar function available via ssh logins
> > using an X-windows package on a windows box.
> >
> > Is this possible?  Can it be done without re-installing WBEL4?
> >
> > David
> Intercepting my own post, as I think Whitebox doesn't have yum...
> Been on CentOS for over a year now.

WBEL does have yum, however .. looking in the repositories that are
linked from the website, the "groupinstall" may not be enabled (as I do
not see a yumgroups.xml (or other xml file) in the directories that
contain the repodata and headers.

As I do not have WBEL installed, I can't say for sure whether or not the
repos support the groupinstall functions.

Can someone who has it installed try this:

yum grouplist

and let everyone know.

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes