[WBEL-users] printers

Robert Heller heller at deepsoft.com
Mon Sep 25 13:05:27 CDT 2006

At Mon, 25 Sep 2006 15:04:43 +0100 "Potter, Mark" <Mark.Potter at salvationarmy.org.uk> wrote:

> Can someone please inform me if a good (all in one) printer, scanner, and
> copier for WBEL?  I'm currently dual booting with XP (for the sake of the
> wife!) and now im ready to use a printer for scanning pics to friends
> abroad. Thanks

Brother makes a good one and provides all of the drivers you need to use
it under Linux and it is available for US$129.98 from Staples:

Brother® MFC-5440CN Color Flatbed All-in-One

http://www.staples.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/StaplesProductDisplay?prodCatType=1&storeId=10001&catalogId=10051&langId=-1&productId=119543&cmArea=SEARCH

It is network ready as well as USB.  Practically plug-and-play under
WBL 3.0.  Download and install the drivers from the Brother web site
and there you are.

> The Salvation Army is an international Christian church working in 111
> countries worldwide. As a registered charity, The Salvation Army demonstrates
> its Christian principles through social action and is one of the largest,
> most diverse providers of social welfare in the world.
>
> Visit our ever-growing website to find out what The Salvation Army is doing
> across the United Kingdom and Ireland... and near you - www.salvationarmy.org.uk.

> Attention:
>
> The information contained in this message and or attachments is intended
> only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain
> confidential and/or privileged material.  Any review, retransmission,
> dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon,
> this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient
> is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and
> delete the material from any system and destroy any copies.
>
> Thank You.

Robert Heller             -- 978-544-6933
Deepwoods Software        -- Linux Installation and Administration
http://www.deepsoft.com/  -- Web Hosting, with CGI and Database
heller at deepsoft.com       -- Contract Programming: C/C++, Tcl/Tk