[WBEL-users] new DST on WBL 3.0...

Robert Heller heller at deepsoft.com
Sun Mar 11 09:38:11 CDT 2007

What do I need to upgrade *besides* tzdata on a WBL 3.0 system to get it
to recognize the new DST start date?

I have an (old) laptop that is running WBL 3.0 -- it is an old P133 system
and the sound card does not work with the RHEL 2.6 kernels and I use
this machine as a kind of iPod much of the time.

I have upgraded tzdata (to tzdata-2006m-3.el3), but the machine still
believe that it should be on EST and not EDT.

What else do I *need* to upgrade?  I cannot run yum update -- it hang
trying to get the header info files (I don't have a good, fast, reliable
network connection).  I know that the glibc files are somewhat outdated,
but I am not sure what else is outdated (or if that matters in terms of
the time zone setup).

--
Robert Heller             -- 978-544-6933
Deepwoods Software        -- Linux Installation and Administration