[WBEL-users] new DST on WBL 3.0...

Mike B. Saber at omniphile.com
Sun Mar 11 11:47:24 CDT 2007

At 3/11/2007 10:38 AM, Robert Heller wrote:
>What do I need to upgrade *besides* tzdata on a WBL 3.0 system to get it
>to recognize the new DST start date?

You need updated zone info files to tell the system when DST starts
and stops in your zone, and how much offset it has, etc.

This link:

http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~help/dst/solaris_and_linux_systems.html

Will explain, step by step, what you need to do if you can't just
update with a pre-compiled package of zone info.  It also has
pointers to where you can find the data files needed.  I just
finished following the instructions, and all seems to be well here
according to zdump.

Don't forget the cp command to update /etc/localtime...Linux doesn't
use a symbolic link like it should be doing...

-- Mike B.
--
"A good teacher has been defined as one who makes himself
progressively unnecessary." -- Thomas J. Carruthers