[WBEL-users] new DST on WBL 3.0...

Jeff Lasman blists at nobaloney.net
Sun Mar 11 17:41:36 CDT 2007

On Sunday 11 March 2007 01:40 pm, Mike B. wrote:

> That depends on whether the files in his /usr/share/zoneinfo tree
> include the 2007 changes to the timezones he cares about.  His
> question seemed to imply that they didn't, though his followup
> message later shows your guess was correct.

Based on the post to which I was responding, I thought he'd said he'd
installed the tzdata update, which would have made them correct.

Maybe I was even right; that does happen sometimes <smile>.

> Anyone else running an older
> (built more than a couple of years ago) version of Linux might still
> benefit from the link I found.

Definitely.

> Any idea why Linux doesn't use a symlink for /etc/localtime?  That
> would have let me skip the cp step and just build stuff in
> /usr/share/zoneinfo and be done with it.

Would "simply because it doesn't" answer your question?  We've done it
on our test boxes and as soon as I have time to check them Monday... if
they worked, we'll install links on other servers as well.

Jeff
--
Jeff Lasman, Nobaloney Internet Services
P.O. Box 52200, Riverside, CA  92517