[WBEL-users] new DST on WBL 3.0...

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Wed Mar 14 11:26:49 CDT 2007

Jeff Lasman spake the following on 3/13/2007 9:11 PM:
> On Sunday 11 March 2007 03:05 pm, Scott Silva wrote:
>
>> Something to do with the possibility of having /etc and /usr on
>> different physical partitions and both not being mounted in time.
>
> Okay ... /etc gets mounted first.  And the link's there but not working.
> So time is kept in GMT during the first part of the boot.  Until
> the /usr partition is linked.  At that point it gets magically found.
>
> Or am i missing something?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Jeff
I didn't make up the explanation, I just remember the one I read as to why
Linux doesn't use a symlink. But will time actually be in GMT? Or will it be
in the time that the bios is set to?

--

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and