[WBEL-users] Fast system clock

Francies Moore liz at indract.freeserve.co.uk
Mon Mar 19 02:30:08 CDT 2007

Hi

An update on the above ( have been busy elsewhere so have only just come
back to it).

clock=pit or clock=tsc worked about equally to make the system usable,
although even with ntp running there was a 'creep' of about 10 minutes
over 12 hours. pmtmr did not make much difference to the high speed.

As typing in a terminal produced repeating keys making working with it
impossible, I had to reboot to change grub.conf, using an earlier kernel.

Now the system is spraying SMART errors so looks like a replacement HD
is necessary.... it's a Maxtor.... arghhh .

Probably will put WBEL3 respin2 or CentOS 3.1 on any new HD as I have
them both to hand. And maybe a new m/b battery. If I can get it working
satisfactorily it will live only on an internal network so a 3 version
should do.

Thanks.

Francies