[WBEL-users] Fast system clock

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Mon Mar 19 19:03:15 CDT 2007

Francies Moore spake the following on 3/19/2007 12:30 AM:
> Hi
> An update on the above ( have been busy elsewhere so have only just come
> back to it).
> clock=pit or clock=tsc worked about equally to make the system usable,
> although even with ntp running there was a 'creep' of about 10 minutes
> over 12 hours. pmtmr did not make much difference to the high speed.
> As typing in a terminal produced repeating keys making working with it
> impossible, I had to reboot to change grub.conf, using an earlier kernel.
> Now the system is spraying SMART errors so looks like a replacement HD
> is necessary.... it's a Maxtor.... arghhh .
> Probably will put WBEL3 respin2 or CentOS 3.1 on any new HD as I have
> them both to hand. And maybe a new m/b battery. If I can get it working
> satisfactorily it will live only on an internal network so a 3 version
> should do.
> Thanks.
> Francies
Does this system have any bios level speed controls enabled?
I have a couple of HP ML350's and they were unusable with the speed control
options enabled.

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and
you notice quickly if they don't!!!!