[WBEL-users] Whitebox and cobwebs

Fernando Apesteguía fernando.apesteguia at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 02:17:50 CDT 2007

On 9/21/07, Michael J. White <michael.white at gemair.com> wrote:
> I want to echo Nelson's comments.
>
> I'm still here.
>
> I still read the postings.
>
> I might be less linux-savvy than anyone else here.  (No, it's not a
> contest.)  I play with several versions and want to do more.  But, I'm a
> busy physician in western Wisconsin and time-limited.
>
> I've played with RedHat, Mandrake, Suse 10.1, Ubuntu (which this box is
> running),  Xandros, Debian, Whitebox, and CentOS.  I'm more comfortable than
> I used to be, but running scripts and command line is still problematic for
> me.  I've been building machines from parts since 1990, but I stayed within
> Windows until RedHat 6.0.
>
> I'm trying to host several web pages, on a server at home.  I'm privileged
> to have fiber optic all the way to the house, so speed is not an issue.  I
> invested in a Cisco router.  Now I'm trying to master Apache 2 within
> Ubuntu.  I got frustrated wtih Whitebox and CentOS.  I like the control
> packages in Suse 10.1, but 10.2 didn't like my hardware.
>
> I want to echo what Nelson said.  I'm still mostly a novice, but I want to
> thank everyone who has contributed so far and I hope to get to the point
> where I can do the same.
>
> Michael
>
> Nelson High wrote:
> Pete Biggs wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-09-20 at 00:35 -0400, Mike B. wrote:

> At 9/19/2007 10:27 PM, Daniel J. Summers wrote:

> Scott Silva wrote:

> Am I the only one still watching this list for stragglers?

> Nope - I'm still here too...

> Me too...did everyone else leave? Where to?

> Did they remember to turn off the lights?

P.

Well, don't I feel silly? I
> am not very computer or Linux savvy, but used to use Whitebox for my home
> desktop and bailed when it look like it was done. I saw from casual browsing
> the web a few days ago that it was still alive and well but with a limited
> timeframe, so I switched back till the end comes. I'm not sure who to thank
> but I like Whitebox and with a few minor glitches from time to time it runs
> well and looks sharp. As a novice linux person, I want to thank everyone
> responsible for their hard work, expertixe and love of Linux in keeping
> Whitebox up and running. I don't know enough to contribute to the upkeep,
> but can appreciate what it takes. Once again, thanks to all and I interpret
> your emails as signifying the end of a distro but don't turn the lights off
> just yet cause I'm still
> here.

It's me here too. None of my machines run WBEL anymore. According to
the site there is a WBEL 5 in progress, but I have to say that taking
into account that this is a not completely alive nor completely dead
project.. I think I will not use it.

Anyway it's nice to see this list is still alive. In fact it was a
surprise to receive this mail cause I think I unsubscrived myself some
time ago :)

Whitebox-users
Whitebox-users at beau.org

Whitebox-users