[WBEL-users] Whitebox and cobwebs

William Warren hescominsoon at emmanuelcomputerconsulting.com
Fri Sep 21 05:55:01 CDT 2007

I have ti disagree.  I installed Dag's version(so i get sll right off
the bat) and then upgrade from webmin.

Vic wrote:
>> I'm trying to host several web pages, on a server at home. I'm
>> privileged to have fiber optic all the way to the house, so speed is
>> not an issue. I invested in a Cisco router. Now I'm trying to
>> master
>> Apache 2 within Ubuntu. I got frustrated wtih Whitebox and
>> CentOS.
>
> Well, having run servers under both WhiteBox and Debian (which is almost
> Ubuntu), I find Debian frustrating :-)
>
> My recommendation for anyone starting out with unfamiliar services like
> this is to install Webmin. But *don't* use the versions in the Debian or
> Ubuntu repositories (i.e. don't install with apt-get or whatever) - get
> the package directly from www.webmin.com.
>
> Vic.

My "Foundation" verse:
Isa 54:17  No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and
every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt
condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their
righteousness is of me, saith the LORD.

-- carpe ductum -- "Grab the tape"
CDTT (Certified Duct Tape Technician)

Linux user #322099