[WBEL-users] Anyone know about 64-bit build hosts?

Vic whitebox at beer.org.uk
Sat Aug 30 06:40:33 CDT 2008

Hi All.

I hope someone can point out my glaring mistake(s) here...

Now that the last[1] 64-bit package has finished building[2], I want to
integrate my build environments - at present, I've got a 32-bit
installation and a 64-bit installation, and I choose the appropriate one
at boot time.

What I want to do is to be able to build the 32-bit packages in the 64-bit
install. Which should be easy - but I can't get the hang of it.

I've tried "setarch i386" on the command line. I've tried "--target=i386".
I've added %_arch, %_target, and %_target_cpu to my rpmmacros. Still my
test build is trying to link to a 64-bit output file[3] :-(

Anyone know what incredibly obvious thing I've forgotten?

Everything Google finds for me tells me to use mock - but as I'm
bootstrapping the distribution, I don't think that will work. It'll also
be *incredibly* slow...

Thanks!

Vic.

[1] Well, except for openCryptoki, which really doesn't want to build -
and I'm not suifficiently interested in it to spend much more time on it.

[2] openoffice only takes 10 hours to build on my new box. And it only
failed 3 times. Grrr.

[3] Specifically, I get warnings from ld saying stuff like "i386
architecture of input file `.libs/xa_map.o' is incompatible with
i386:x86-64 output"