[Lswtalk] LSW databases?

Howard L. Coy Jr. hlcoy at rocketmail.com
Wed Dec 15 19:06:08 CST 2010

Erin,

We have Ancestry.com and would be interested in going together if we could get a cheaper rate. I am not interested in languages. Interest in World Book would depend on cost. If the schools have it, then my interest would be limited. Other thanb the genealogy databases, most are not used a lot, Yahoo and Wilkipedia seem to satisfy most of our patrons. Staff are forbidden from using Wilkipedia.

Before I agree to many databases, I would like to know the status of LSL databases. Failing that, perhaps a "core" list of databases.

We also have Lexis Nexis, but is is not used a lot. Of course, when it is used, it is just what was needed.

Thanks for bringing this up.

Howard

Howard L. Coy Jr., Director
Vernon Parish Library
1401 Nolan Trace @ Abe Allen Drive
Leesville, LA 71446
1-800-737-2231 FAX 337-238-0666 hcoy at state.lib.la.us
www.vernon.lib.la.us
BLOG: http://vernonlibrary.blogspot.com
PHOTOS: www.flickr.com/photos/vernonparish/

"Any government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take everything you've got."
"Lost yesterday,somewhere between sunrise and sunset, 60 golden minutes, each set with 60 diamond seconds. No reward is offered, because they are lost forever." -- Horace Mann