[Lswtalk] LSW individual members?

Erin Chesnutt echesnut at beau.org
Wed Oct 17 10:59:13 CDT 2012

Hi, gang!

First, I really enjoyed last night. A great crowd, lots of camaraderie,
yummy food and a fun speaker. Thanks to everyone who worked to make this
year's Author Dinner such a success!  Now to the point of this email ...

When I got home last night, I had a message from a family member who is
also an individual member of Libraries Southwest.  She was upset that she
had not received any notification of the upcoming Author Dinner, despite
having paid her dues earlier this year.

I've never really dealt with the individual membership level of LSW, so I
didn't know if this lack of communication was an oversight, a misdirected
piece of mail, or business as usual. I'm sure she would like to know why
she was not informed of an upcoming event. If anyone else wishes to
contact her, I'll share information privately.

My further question is : what all does an individual membership to LSW
gain for the member?  We no longer create a newsletter to share. Is it
more like a charitable donation than a membership?

Thank you,

Erin N Chesnutt, MLIS
Director
Beauregard Parish Library