[Lswtalk] LSW individual members?

Howard L. Coy Jr. hlcoy at rocketmail.com
Wed Oct 17 11:34:59 CDT 2012

Erin, for years, we had two lists, membership and a mailing list. The Mailing list I did for the newsletter, and other mailings. I was given a list of all paid members, and all members were sent mailings. I assumed they still were, even though I no longer have an up-to-date list. We also included on that list Governmnet officials, directors of other libraries, etc., who were not member.
To my knowledge, individual membership should and does include invites to public programs. For example, for years, we had individual members who were school teachers from Vernon, Calcasieu, etc., and several Library workers fromn McNeese.  Each Board member was also included. This was also a way of publicizing the activities of Libraries Southwest.

Perhaps we can discuss at our next meeting. I for one, think all members should be getting info.

Howard

Howard L. Coy Jr., Director
Vernon Parish Library
1401 Nolan Trace @ Abe Allen Drive
Leesville, LA 71446
1-800-737-2231 FAX 337-238-0666 hcoy at state.lib.la.us
www.vernon.lib.la.us
BLOG: http://vernonlibrary.blogspot.com
PHOTOS: www.flickr.com/photos/vernonparish/

"A government big enough to supply you with everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have...."
-- Gerald R. Ford 8/12/74
"Lost yesterday,somewhere between sunrise and sunset, 60 golden minutes, each set with 60 diamond seconds. No reward is offered, because they are lost forever." -- Horace Mann