[Lswtalk] FYI: Upgraded records from eBiblioFile

Loretta Gharst LGharst at calcasieu.lib.la.us
Mon May 6 14:10:10 CDT 2013

Asked about when or if RDA tags would be added to OverDrive MARC records.
Answer below:

We are looking at various strategies for incorporating RDA into eBiblioFile records.  There are two concurrent paths we're looking at: 1) an opt-in service to allow customers to request RDA fields (including the option for leaving or deleting the 245 ‡h), and 2) offering an RDA conversion service which would take your existing legacy records and convert to RDA.

This is not currently in development but is very high on the product owner’s radar.

Thank you,
eBiblioFile Team

Questions?  Try out the FAQ page:  http://www.ebibliofile.com/faq/