[Lswtalk] Fwd: Author Dinner

Jessica Hutchings jhutchings at mcneese.edu
Thu Aug 10 09:25:30 CDT 2017

Hi everyone,

I spoke with our scholarship winner this morning, and I received the email below. I look forward to meeting her!

I also spoke with Karen Winn, Oakdale Elementary librarian. She will likely be able to attend our dinner. She has already gone through Vermillion Parish's weeded children's books and found several that she kept for her library (thanks, Charlotte!!!), and she would love to be able to go through other libraries' weeded books. She also said "thank you" for not just sending her all of your boxes of weeded books to her.

I have a message into Shawna Broussard from LCPD about her willingness to help with Oakdale. She should call back tomorrow.

I'll send another message once I get the location of our retreat figured out. Happy Thursday!

Jessica