[Lswtalk] Overdrive - get a library card

Dede Sanders DSanders at Cameron.lib.la.us
Mon Oct 23 14:44:50 CDT 2017

I like the convenience of the pilot for the community...but how do they
prove they are from our parish?  If its just a zip code, I could put in any
town's zip.

 When a patron has very overdue items, we block them from all services
until the item is returned or paid for.  The pilot would undermine that.  I
don't know if I like the idea for that reason.  What reason would a patron
have to return their items if they could just get on Overdrive and checkout
anything they wanted to after being blocked?

 What is your take on the pilot?

   Delia Sanders
 Library Administrator

 Cameron Parish Library