[WBEL-devel] curious (I am)

Rob Sanders rsanders@route256.com
Tue, 2 Dec 2003 06:40:00 -0500

On Mon, 1 Dec 2003 20:40:17 -0600
"donavan nelson" <donavan@4wx.net> wrote:

> Has anyone noticed the amount of RH9 patches issued by Redhat, but not for the
> Enterprise line?  Based on casual observation, it would seem that some of the
> patches issued for RH9 would apply to RHEL.
>
> Any ideas as to why this might be?

My knee jerk reaction is that its code maturity and how 'hardend' the OS is.  For example, redhat has to patch sendmail and openssh considerably more than you see updates in the OpenBSD tree.  But, in the same respect you see a larger volume of packages and quicker support for new features in Redhat than OpenBSD.

That's two extreem's, hopefully noone mistakenly thinks I'm compairing RHEL to OpenBSD LOL

and BTW, I rather like using OpenBSD for network non-hosting devices like Packet Filter, and other things I set and forget.  Once you figure out the disk layout, its all downhill from there ;)

--
Rob Sanders