[WBEL-devel] curious (I am)

John Hinton webmaster@ew3d.com
Tue, 02 Dec 2003 10:02:21 -0500

donavan nelson wrote:

>Has anyone noticed the amount of RH9 patches issued by Redhat, but not for the
>Enterprise line?  Based on casual observation, it would seem that some of the
>patches issued for RH9 would apply to RHEL.
>
>Any ideas as to why this might be?

Maybe trying to put the fear of God in you? You better upgrade your
RHN... see why?

Well, that did come to mind, however there have been several times when
a whole slew of patches seemed to hit at one time.

Legal side note: IANAL
You know, the telco industry has some severe limits on who they can turn
off and for what reasons. Like bankruptcy... telcos don't get turned off
for that. Seems the service they provide and the number of systems and
people that will be affected precludes such actions. Now, what is so
different about an OS running web services? Would that not be the
equivalent to some huge thread serving a local telephone company? I just
thought of this.. wonder if anyone else ever considered it.. It seems we
are suddenly in a time of software wars.. SCO comes to mind. Sorry, mind
is wandering here....

John Hinton