[WBEL-devel] Trademarked logos still in redhat-logos RPM

Charles Lacour clacour@clacour.com
Tue, 2 Dec 2003 07:10:55 -0600

I reported this last week, but it was at the bottom of a post that covered
something else, so maybe it didn't get seen.

I took the "redhat-logos" rpm that was on disk 1 of WBEL and copied it to
/tmp.
I then ran rpm2tgz against it, and got a .tgz file.
I created a working directory ("wb") and untarred the .tgz file into it.

In /tmp/wb/usr/share/pixmaps, the file redhat-credits.png, and many of the
files in the directory "redhat" look like they're unchanged.

The RPM-related ones should be ok. But all of the others look like ones that
need to be changed to me.

Sorry if this has already been reported -- I read the archives first and
didn't see it there, but it seems like a rather large oversight, so I'm
wondering if I screwed up somewhere.

I looked on the "Bugs" page and didn't see any reference to this. If it has
been noticed and is being worked on, I'd appreciate a small note to the list
so that we'll know.

Thanks,

Charles Lacour