[WBEL-devel] getsockopt TCP_NODELAY: Socket operation on non-socket

John Morris jmorris@beau.org
Wed, 3 Dec 2003 04:11:39 -0600 (CST)

On Tue, 2 Dec 2003, Hedemark, Magnus wrote:

> I just upgraded a RHL 9 box to WBEL 3.0-RC1.  All filesystems were
> reformatted except /home

Well that really isn't an upgrade then.  The brave (foolish?) choice would
have been to upgrade the other filesystems in place.  WBEL will allow it,
I killed ALL sanity checking since there are obviously no previous
versions to be upgrading from, so any upgrade is about equally risky.

> When I try to ssh to external hosts, I get this "getsockopt TCP_NODELAY:
> Socket operation on non-socket" error but then I do get connected to the
> remote host.  It does seem to take longer to ssh out but I can't say for
> sure that it isn't an issue in the pipe or the other end of the connection.

If you blew away everything except /home have a look in your .ssh
directory for clues.  I know ssh works on a clean install because I go in
and out of my headless build host routinely with both ssh and scp and it
is currently running a stock copy of RC1.

I have done (some just now to test):

WBEL3 to WBEL3
RHL7.3 to WBEL3
WBEL3 to RHL7.3
WBEL3 to RH6.2 (with ssh backport by me)
RHL6.2 to WBEL3
WBEL3 to OBSD3

> It might be worth comparing the sysctl settings on a real RHEL 3.0 box with
> a WBEL box to see if there are some differences in kernel tuning parameters.

In this case it is more a case of comparing WBEL3 to RHL9.

--
John M.      http://www.beau.org/~jmorris        This post is 100% M$ Free!