[WBEL-devel] getsockopt TCP_NODELAY: Socket operation on non-socket

Hedemark, Magnus mhedemark@trueposition.com
Tue, 2 Dec 2003 11:01:13 -0500

I just upgraded a RHL 9 box to WBEL 3.0-RC1.  All filesystems were
reformatted except /home

When I try to ssh to external hosts, I get this "getsockopt TCP_NODELAY:
Socket operation on non-socket" error but then I do get connected to the
remote host.  It does seem to take longer to ssh out but I can't say for
sure that it isn't an issue in the pipe or the other end of the connection.

It might be worth comparing the sysctl settings on a real RHEL 3.0 box with
a WBEL box to see if there are some differences in kernel tuning parameters.

Magnus Hedemark
Linux Network Admin
TruePosition, Inc.
Office 610-680-1133