[WBEL-devel] WBEL Upgrade Question

John Morris jmorris@beau.org
Wed, 3 Dec 2003 04:52:46 -0600 (CST)

On Tue, 2 Dec 2003, John Hinton wrote:

> Will WBEL rc1 be upgradeable to rc2 and the final release? Or maybe is
> it too early to ask this question? I know you really want rc2 and the
> final to be clean installs, but I really would like to avoid hauling
> gigs of data around between machines and setting up the scripts and
> crons and .......

I think it would be workable.  All it needs is to pull all the changed
packages (not many) into an updates dir for RC1.  There are no major
changes between the version so nothing should break.  I'll see about doing
that tomorrow.

Although if you are in a hurry I suspect you could do it by getting the
new packages for whitebox-release, rhnlib, yum and up2date.  Once those
went on, up2date should be able to finish the job except for making sure
you get the new version of flex and force it on.  It has the same version
number but the one in RC1 has something wrong with it.

> In a production situation, it sure is nice when one can do a good
> install and feel like it will be around for a year or five!

Yup!

--
John M.      http://www.beau.org/~jmorris        This post is 100% M$ Free!