[WBEL-devel] WBEL Upgrade Question

John Morris jmorris@beau.org
Wed, 3 Dec 2003 04:55:59 -0600 (CST)

On Tue, 2 Dec 2003, donavan nelson wrote:

> Good question and one I haven't seen addressed yet.  But I can tell you as
> soon as I have RC2 isos, I'll be trying an upgrade.  The only installs I've
> currently done are complete (with file system rebuilds).

Word of caution.  There was a build bug in flex in RC1 but since no
patching was needed, just rebuilding it on RC1, the version number remains
the same. Manually force install that one package and you should be OK.

> I know that RHL upgrades to RHEL are not supported (but they should be IMHO).
>  But this nasty upgrade cycle does provide an opportunity to clean things up a
> bit (at least for me). :D

WBEL doesn't have any sanity checking on upgrades so you are welcome to
try an upgrade from X to WBEL3.  I'd recommend a verified backup first.
:)

--
John M.      http://www.beau.org/~jmorris        This post is 100% M$ Free!