[WBEL-devel] Suggesting YAML

Hedemark, Magnus mhedemark@trueposition.com
Fri, 5 Dec 2003 10:42:53 -0500

John Hinton [mailto:webmaster@ew3d.com] said:

> I would like to suggest Yet Another Mailing List.

+0.5

I'm somewhat in favor of this, but not sure if it might be better to have a
different list for security announcements so that people interested in the
most minimal mailflow get only the most important update announcements.
Yes, it adds to the growing number of mailing lists, but gives the most
options to end users as to how much mail they can reasonably expect to get
(especially if they want only the critical announcements).

Also, on the subject of mailing lists, it would be nice to host them from
the whiteboxlinux.org domain so that if a generous benefactor steps forward
to host them (when they get too big for the library to host) it wouldn't be
as much of a pain to move the mailing lists from one host to another without
causing pains to the subscribers.  Would look more professional, too.